Thursday, April 30, 2009

Adoption

So, I think all of you that read this blog know that Sammie and I are trying to adopt. I haven't really mentioned it here because, well, you can probably guess why. I won't go into a lot of details, but I'll give a quick update. We've had some success getting in contact with potential birth mothers and hearing of situations that could work out for us. Unfortunately, though, nothing has worked out yet. In fact, we've had two adoptions fall through.
So... we're still searching! Following are three links to our online adoption profiles. This is just a reminder... if you hear of someone who is thinking of placing a baby for adoption, keep us in mind! We'll name the baby after you. (Okay. We probably won't. That was my one weak attempt at humor for this post.)

Here's our old LDS Family Services profile. (I don't know when they are officially changing from the old to the new.)
Here's our new LDS Family Services profile.
And here's our Parent Profiles profile. (department of redundancy department)

3 comments:

Sally said...

We will keep you in our prayers!

What a beautiful profile you have! It made me cry! I have seen both sides of adoption, my sister gave up her first baby, and 3 of my close friends have adopted kids. What a miracle it is.

Laura said...

All your sites are awesome. You and Sammie just shine right through. I just know this is going to work out for the both of you.

Leslie said...

You are in my mind and heart! I'm praying for you and that your baby will come soon! Just know that all the sacrifice and heartache will be well worth it. Love you Meibs!