Saturday, November 22, 2008

Once a Utah Mormon...

I feel really in touch with my Utah roots tonight. Utah Mormon roots, that is. Recently, I bought a wheat grinder attachment for my Bosch Bread Mixer. I have been looking around for some wheat to buy for my food storage and finally found a feed and grain place that sold me 50 pounds for $13.00. So, tonight I ground my food storage wheat into flour and then made whole wheat bread from my Lion House Cookbook. And in the background, Sammie was watching the BYU vs. Utah game.
So when do we change that cliche from "Molly Mormon" to "Melissa Mormon"?
But my Pennsylvania roots are well intact, also. Samme and I are going to eat the whole wheat bread with locally produced honey. (The guys sells it in front of his house. He just puts different containers of honey on a table in front of his house with a jar for money and trusts his customers' honesty.) And we spent the afternoon in Beaver Stadium watching Penn State become the Big 10 Champs! And, in true Penn State Fan style, we watched the game in 30 degree (and dropping), snowy weather.
As I felt the feeling slowly creep back into my toes during the bus ride home, I realized I'm more ready to move to Texas than I thought...

3 comments:

Julie Markham said...

I don't know why making bread makes me feel more Mormon than normal, but watching football makes me feel less. Having said that, you are going to love Texas!

Unknown said...

But Texas is so hot! You lived there for a summer, so you're ready. But when I went to visit my family this last October it was still so warm. And just yesterday I was talking to my mother and she said, "We're starting to get some cooler weather down here, it's about 60 degrees in the morning now." Since when was 60 degrees cool weather? Maybe I'll call you in a few years and you'll agree to such.

Martha said...

You're so domestic Melbs. I'm not even good at roll dough yet and look at you.