Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Shameless Plug for My Best Friend

(Well, best friend up until I met Melba...) Anyways, here's the latest email from Travis.


Hey one and all,
I don’t want to take too much of your time, but I wanted to let you know about a short film I’ve been working on. A guy I work with, Matt Henderson, wrote it, I directed and many kind, wonderful friends helped out as well. It was made for entry into a reality show to find “the next big film director”. Anyway, check out this link.
http://films.thelot.com/films/13790
You can vote for or rate it if you want, but at the very least take a look, and see what I’ve been up to the last few months.
Thanks, and have a swell day.


If any of you are wondering -- Travis is the one who spoke at our wedding and had people laughing so hard the boat nearly tipped over. He also has been known to say things like, "Sammie, there's something I need to tell you, but I mean it as an insult and I'm worried that you are going to take it as a compliment..." I took Travis with me when I first had dinner with the Boyers. I was left wondering what they thought of me -- especially since all I heard about after that dinner was how much they loved Travis and how great Travis is and how Travis can come over whenever he wants and whenever I come over I should bring Travis.

Anyways, shameless plugs usually say something like, "Watch my video and please vote for me -- if you think mine is the best. I mean, you can vote for whoever you want, you should really just vote. But I'd like for you to vote for mine." (And yes, I have heard that very line straight from the mouths of campaigners for our beloved politicians...) The point is -- I'm not saying that here. I'm saying go vote for Travis' film. And if you don't think his film is the best, well tough. Vote for it anyway. He's my best friend and his film is darn good and if you don't like it then you've got serious problems.

No comments: