Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two things of note...

First, Melba just about cried yesterday watching football. It was one of those, "My heart has swelled with such deep emotion that I can't help but cry" cries. Was it the BYU clobbering of Tulane? No. Was it the intensity of USC vs. OSU? No. Well, what was it? Beaver Stadium -- just the sight of it put her in complete and utter nostalgia and created a deep longing for days when Beaver Stadium was a part of her daily routine. So proud :)

Second, help Travis out -- he has made an animated short and entered it into a contest. Go here and vote for it:

http://www.aniboom.com/animation-video/393230/...With-A-Bear-Behind-Christmas/


Then create an account and rate it really high and leave a good comment.

Oh, and unpacking is going slowly but surely. We're still not quite at a point to take pictures, but we should be soon. For now, you'll have to enjoy the front of the house.




9 comments:

Melissa Markham said...

JUST to clarify (as I tried to explain MULTIPLE times yesterday to Sammie) I wasn't nostalgic for Beaver Stadium, but for State College! Beaver Stadium was right by our house. I think I saw it every single day. It just made me miss State College. I commented to Sammie that you can't be in Beaver Stadium without being in State College. He didn't quite catch my drift. He replied, philosophically, "Melba, you really can't be in State College without being in Beaver Stadium." Whatever.

Sammie's motto: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Douglas Family said...

You two are just the same as ever, and we are sad that you aren't here as well. We can't drive by Walmart, the mall, or the freeway exit to your house and not think about you! The Cannons are pretty cool, but where is Funkweiler? By the way...the front of your house looks awesome! Can't wait for inside photos!

bubba said...

Such an awesome house. An awesome house for two awesome people. We miss you so.

catharooni said...

so excited for a full tour!! and meliss, i totally get you. i can see any edmonton sporting landmark and get nostalgic for "home" without really needing to go IN those places!!

Amy & Mark said...

Beautiful house!! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside! Melb, we need to get together soon! Are you teaching? What is your schedule like? I would love to drive over for the day sometime. I'm afraid I no longer have your cell phone . . .

Carrie said...

I love it, guys! It's beautiful--I can't wait to see the inside. Glad you're getting unpacked and settled!

Janie said...

I have a major case of "house envy" right now. What a beautiful home! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside!!! Woohoo!

Rachel Anderson said...

Ooohhh, purdy house! U be grown-ups or sum'in'?

Tasia said...

hey guys looking good! hope everything is going well... Lorenzo and i miss the sugar cookies